Enjoy a special experience in biking and South African wine in the Cape Winelands
- Want to enjoy wine culture in South Africa as well as take in the fantastic scenery without being stuck in a car all day?
- This tour offers you a unique perspective of cycling through the vineyards!
- Taste unique South African wines in the beautiful sunshine
- Experience decadent and daring pairing combinations of wine and food
- Visit the cellars that are still using the old-fashioned techniques of wine-making
Duration: 6 hours
When: 7 Days a week (closed: 25-26 December, 1 January & Good Friday)
Where: Asara Hotel and Wine Estate Deli, Polkadraai Road, Stellenbosch, 7600
Weather: Weather dependent (experienced guides make a call on the morning of the activity, deciding if the tour should proceed or not. In the case of a cancellation, we provide you with an alternative date for our next tour or refund)
What to Wear: Comfortable clothes and closed shoes (for cycling)
Things to Bring: Sunscreen, a warm top/windbreaker, camera, money for lunch and any wines you wish to purchase
Minimum Age: 16 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Fitness Level: Average*
Inclusions: Guided small group tour, bike & helmet rental, boutique wine tastings & cellar tour, chocolate and wine pairing, boutique red wine and cheese platter, flash food and wine pairing, snack pack
Exclusions: Gratuities, additional wine purchases made on the day
*NB: Clients must ensure that they are capable of cycling 10km over the course of a morning. In addition, bikes are mountain bikes and not city cruisers and cycling is done off-road not on paved cycle paths.