Explore the amazing sand dunes and Cape beaches with this EPIC biking experience!
- Ride down the Dune trail and explore the amazing sand dunes. Try jumps and learn new skills not previously possible on a mountain bike (60 – 90 mins)
- Ride from the dunes to the 4×4 mountain trail leading down to the beach
- Bike along the cliffs of Die Plaat. Try out the fat tyres before getting to the beach
- Take in the sights as well as experiencing riding on sand without getting stuck
- After the 4x4 trail, ride on the pure white beach all of the way to Hermanus. Enjoy 20km of pristine beach all of the way to Grotto beach.
- End off your exhilarating journey with refreshments at Grotto beach
- Be collected and/or dropped off at your accomodation in Hermanus or Gansbaai
Duration: 5 hours
When: All Year
Where: Starting in De Kelders and ending in Hermanus
Weather: .Weather permitting - timing may vary according to Low Tide
What to Wear: T-shirt, shorts, trainers with socks or rock shoes (closed shoes required)
Things to Bring: Swimming costume (if you want to take a dip in the ocean), sun block, sun glasses
Minimum Age: 16 years
Minimum Height: 1.5 m
Maximum Height: 2.2 m
Maximum Weight120.0 kg
Fitness Level: Fit*
Experience Level: Intermediate
Inclusions: Pick up and drop off (Hermanus & Gansbaai), guide, bike helmet, water, entry fee into the Nature Reserve, video of the trip (uploaded to Youtube)
Exclusions: Bike riding shoes, cleat pedals, insurance
*Good fitness required and basic cycling skill. This is a tough physical adventure and you will have to pedal a bike for at least 3-4 hours.