Experience the thrill of a close encounter with Great White sharks with our half-day White Shark Diving in Mossel Bay, South Africa.
- Get the ultimate adventure experience with a personal encounter with the legendary Great White shark.
- See these beautiful animals feeding actively around the boat; the sharks may brush their tail against the cage, but will NEVER attack the cage.
- The Great Whites are very curious and often get close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver - perfect for any adrenaline junkie!
- Our experienced dive master would help the diver at every level to make sure you are comfortable and assertive in your dive
PRICE: ZAR1 750.00 / Price per child: R1 050.00 (children under 12 years)
Duration: 2-4 Hours
When: Throughout the year (except on Christmas Day)
Where: 7 Church Street, Bayside Centre (Checkers Centre), Mossel Bay
Weather: Weather dependent
What to Wear: Warm clothes, swimwear, comfortable non-slip shoes, cap/hat
Things to Bring: Passport/ Drivers licence, Sunscreen, towel, swimwear (if diving), camera, hat or cap (we sell really cool ones), a warm jacket and sea-sick tablets, if needed.
Minimum Age: 10 years
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions: Continental breakfast at launch site, Snacks and refreshments on the boa, Diving, Viewing, Wetsuites, Dive equipment in all sizes, Afternoon tea upon arrival back at the harbour and a Certificate of your White Shark Experience
Exclusions: Transfers, towels and seasick tablets
Please note: No diving qualifications or experience is needed for this dive. It is a surface dive, not a deep sea dive
COST: Adults R1750.00 and R1050.0 for children under 12 years.
What to Expect:
- Meet at the commercial slip next door to the yacht club about an hour before for a relaxing breakfast while chatting to our staff and receiving a safety briefing.
- Hop on board for a short, 10-minute boat ride on the protected and generally calm Mossel Bay waters and get a short briefing from your guide while we look for sharks! While we enjoy a high success rate, you need to understand that nothing is guaranteed.
- Once we have sharks at the boat, the cage will go into the water and the diving will begin. Topside viewing is also available to the non-diver and he/ she will have plenty of opportunities to take some action shots.
- We offer a light lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat and there's plenty of opportunities to ask questions. We offer afternoon tea upon return to the dock and hand out the certificate of the day to all our guests.
Experience the Great White shark in its natural environment above or underwater and learn all about these fascinating creatures!