Spend the day indulging in the best of South African wine and culture in the Cape Winelands
- Attention all wine lovers! This tour incorporates the deliciousness of wine and Cape scenery as you are transported through four different locations with their diverse histories
- This tour is perfect for those who know all about wine AND for those who know nothing about wine!
- First and only 20 minutes from Cape Town, journey to the Stellenbosch Winelands. Several different of grapes grow here including; Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, Pinotage and the Méthode Cap Classique (local 'champagne'). See the small but energetic town of Stellenbsch as well as enjoy wine tasting and cellar tours. You may purchase wine to bring your experience home here
- Second, visit the quaint french Franschhoek. Sample the region's delicacies, wine and cheese as well as a unique ride on the Franschoek Tram. This is not to be missed!
- Third, stop at Victor Verster, a low-security prison between Paarl and Franschhoek. This prison is famous as Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment for campaigning against apartheid here
- Fourth and last but not least, visit Paarl where you can experience Afrikaner culture and tradition. Taste Paarl's finest wines straight from this South African town's vineyards
Duration: 9 hours 30 minutes
When: All year (excluding 25 December)
Where: Collection from your hotel within the City of Cape Town (please enter your collection point when you make your reservation)*
Weather: This tour is not affected by any severe conditions
What to Wear: Dress according to the weather and your comfort
Things to Bring: Camera, money and sunscreen
Guests or Spectators: This is a full day tour and only guests who have made a reservation is allowed on this tour
Inclusions: Cellar tour, 3 wine tastings, cheese tasting and biltong pairing, registered tour guide, transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions: Lunch, optional entries, any additional items of a personal nature
*Departure is between 08h00 & 09h00 and you will be collected from your hotel or guesthouse. Please make sure to enter your hotel or guesthouse name during checkout. Return to your accommodation at 17h30.