Accredited Tourist Guide for culture, wine, adventure, hikes and trails tours in the Cape Town and Western Cape region
David Wolfaardt is a registered Western Cape Tourist Guide (WC4640) who specialises in an eclectic range of tours for both locals and tourists in the Cape Town and surrounds regions. Click the Book Now/Enquire Now button to complete a form if you're interested in using Dave as your tour guide in Cape Town. Please remember to specify how many people you'd like to book for, attractions you'd love to see, activities, dates and times, or to set up your personal itinerary.
Find further information about Dave below.
- Full-day tours - individuals, couples, family groups, private groups, coach groups
- Cape Peninsula tours (includes 1-hour walking tour through Kirstenbosch; 30 min walkabout Groot Constantia)
- Cape Winelands
- West Coast and Swartland
- False Bay
- Overberg (Hermanus)
- Overland safaris - individuals, couples, small groups (up to “Quantum” size)
- Step-On (coach)
- Garden Route and/or Route 62
- “Off-road” adventures (Swartberg Pass; Garden Route; Cederberg & Wuppertal, etc … small group)
- Set itinerary (coach group)
- Hikes and Trails - individuals, couples, small groups
- Half-day options (Table Mountain National Park)
- Full-day options (Greater Peninsula and surrounds)
- Multi-day options (eg. Cederberg, Groot Winterhoek, Harkerville Trail, etc)
- Historical Castle tours … includes theatrical role playing
- Fun/Adventure tours.
- (Tourvest) Theatrical Tours … Spending a day with guests as the character Cecil John Rhodes
- Chauffeur drive services – various diplomats (including the Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister) mining and high-finance executives (as well as Sol Kerzner, his friends, visitors and family – 3 weeks, 2008)
- Inter-city private overland door-to-door transfers (eg. Graaff-Reinet to Cape Town, return)
- Half-Day: R800 (step-on); R1800 (Merc E280 - up to 3 pax); minivan (POA) - max 160 km return
- Full-Day: R1250 (step-on); R2500 (Merc); R3500 (Minivan - up to 8 pax) - max 200km return
- Overland: R2500/day (Merc), R3500/day (van) + DB&B (Accommodation normally consists of B&B's) Guest house standard.
- 2 extra pax can be accommodated in the Merc (E280, ’99) at an extra 15% pppd
- 4 extra pax can fit in the van at 10% extra pppd.
- Prices exclude meals, entrances and activities.
- English (good)
- Afrikaans (fair)
- German (learning)
Flexible day-trips and overland safaris, chartered country trips for small groups.
tunnel tours (beneath the streets of Cape Town), ghost tours (Mystery Ghost Bus), hikes and trails, historical walking tours (City and surrounds), coach groups
- Early model Mercedes E280 (airport transfers for 2 pax; local tours up to 4 pax)
- Toyota Quantums (12 pax)
- Ford Torneo (up to 7 pax)
- Luxury Coaches (up to 72 pax)
- Avanza ( 6 pax)
- First Aid
- Cape Wine Academy Certification
- Nature College chitty and
- Mountain Walking Leadership accreditation
- Michel Gavron (Imbizo Tourism, 2003); assessed by Wally Brandt – culture, W.Cape (Province)
- Cape Wine Academy (2008) – Introduction Course (91%); Certificate Course (“C”)
- Cape Town School of Mountaineering (CTSM; 1997) - Advanced Mountain Walking Leadership
- (“TG19”); Assessed by Walther Meyer (ex CTSM) of Venture Forth (Dec 2009)
- Ed Hill (“Mons Mensa”, 2008; Johan Fourie’s “The Nature College”) – level 2, nature
- Own designated driver company - started late 1999: DPWolfaardt cc t/a “The Chauffeur”
- Full-time freelance tourist guide and operator since late 2003
- Peninsula, Western Cape and Garden Route tours for SST/Tourvest (coach groups); Private FD
- Tours for Tourvest, Travel & Explore (JHB-based), Africa Treasure Tours, & others
- Chauffeur Driving: Sol Kerzner’s “Leeukoppie” Estate, Various Pretoria-based Embassies, Travel
- & Explore (JNB-based), Chariot Limousines, Impulse Getaways (JHB-based), & others.
- Mountain Guiding: Private groups, “Active Africa”; Mountain Club of SA, Old Mutual Hiking Club
- Adventure & Fun: Good Hope Adventures (Tunnel Tours); Tourvest
- Theatrical Tours (as C.J.Rhodes)